This year we hosted a “Babes Unplugged” challenge where our participating babes spent an entire week without social media + instead focused on human interaction. We provided daily challenges to encourage mindfulness, time with others and time alone. We also hosted a handful of events so that babes could continue to connect in less digital ways. It was a beautiful experiment!
Our Book Babe, Kim White, hosted a Friendship Speed Dating event with us at one of the libraries here in Columbus. She even put together a fantastic book list to help us continue the art of unplugging through these books about mindfulness + creativity. If this is something you’re hoping to work on in this coming new year, these texts are a great place to get started!
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Creative Confidence by Tom Kelley and David Kelley
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Radical Self-Love by Gala Darling
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
Cheers to being a little less connected, and a little more connected in new ways, babes.